Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kuselan Spl Scoop1: Kuselan breaks linguistic, geographical barriers

Friends, a Tamil friend of mine is working in Ireland. She is a great fan of thalaivar and regular visitor of our blog. She has watched Sivaji in Ireland last year when it released there.

She was anticipating the release of Kuselan too there. The movie released there a few days before. While she was about to start for the movie to watch it, her room mate, a Greek tourist girl named Yiolanda Legaspi wished to join her for the movie.

They went to UCI Cinemas, TALLAGHT in Dublin. My friend was stunned to see Yiolanda's response to the movie especially that intro song and comedy scenes and finally the soul stirring climax. After watching the movie she has been raving about the movie and thalaivar's performance in the movie all along the day.

What an important point to be noted is she doesn't know Tamil or have knowledge about Tamil cinema or Superstar. She just joined in an eager to watch an Indian film. That's all. Now she is a great fan of Superstar. When my friend narrated me over the phone about this, i was awestruck and i immediately requested her to make Eulanda send a mail to me about this so as i could make attempts to bring this into media lights.

Kuselan breaks linguistic, geographical barriers
Superstar touches Greek hearts

From Yiolanda's mail:

Hi my name is Yiolanda Legaspi working as restaurant manager in Cyprus.

I am visitor to Ireland for holiday and I met a new friend from India and stay at her apartment. She is a fan of Superstar and she always tells about an eagerly waiting film’s release in Dublin.

When she was starting for the film, I wished to join her as I wanted to saw an Indian film. She took me to the screen (UCI CINEMAS, Tallaght, Dublin ) with her where the movie is playing. Kucelan she said. I couldn’t pronounce it right.

This is the best film I have ever watched in my life. Its really fantastic film. The best and excellent movie about friendship. The comedy (the guy who try to take photo with superstar) scenes are really good. Songs are excellent. I even don’t understand the language. (My friend can’t translate, busy watching the film). But I can understand the feel of the film without any translation.

The climax…made me cry, the scene while the actor meets his friend in his home is simply heart touching. Even I remembered all my friends, while I was watching that scene. I am eagerly waiting for the original DVD from my friend to see with subtitles. I want to watch it again. I can’t pronounce the name of the actor. But I know him as superstar. I plan to watch his films hereafter, I request…pls release the DVD as soon as possible. Thanks for my friend for to give a wonderful experience of Indian cinema.

Eula from Ireland.