Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The man who’d risen above his image – article from an international lifestyle mag

Andpersand - & is an international lifestyle magazine which is also available in Indian edition. I have not heard about such a magazine before. Just when it carried our Superstar in the cover page I came to know about its existence.

When the respective issue hit the stands two months before, though I was fascinated by the cover page – I was skeptical to buy that since the price was Rs.100/- which I couldn’t afford. But one of my friends, whom I passed the info about this book, bought it for me and read it and then gave to me. So, I thank him first.

Peculiar size

As it will be unethical to scan and post when the magazine was in stands, I was waiting for sometime to pass and now after two months – am presenting it for your views. And you know, the size of the book is somewhat peculiar and much bigger and very tough to scan. I was working on this particular news item part by part for several days. After completing, it was kept in draft. Now releasing it for you.

First Tollywood cover boy

The magazine has declared that Superstar is the first Tollywood cover boy for it. (not sure what they meant by Tollywood – may be referring South Indian cinema) And guess what the magazine had double covers where both are our Superstar’s image in a line art mode, which was something new and captivating. The cover pages are printed in Gold metallic background – which the scanner couldn’t able to reproduce.

Exploring the phenomenon Rajinikanth

The content inside tries to explore the phenomenon called Rajinikanth with the help of a few excerpts recent released biography and bites from people from various walks of life.

For elite people

It is not the content that matters in this book – it is the avenue which it appears and read by. This magazine is for style conscious elite people.

Surely it is a pride for Superstar to appear in covers of such international magazines.

Just read the content at your leisure as it is well written. And don’t forget the bites "Rajin Can" given at the bottom.

Hope the article acts as a good visiting card for the magazine.