Monday, April 7, 2008

Rajini defends his stand

Today, a small crew of Udhaya TV (a popular channel in Karnataka) came to Raghavendra Mandapam and shot an exclusive short interview from Superstar. Later it was telecasted in Karnataka's Udhaya Tv and Udhaya Varthegalu (a news channel) continuously.

I saw Udhaya Varthegalu. I managed to understand Kannada somewhat. (Kannada is nice to listen when spoken by Thalaivar. Really guys, you will love to hear it!)

Later this was shown in Headlines Today and NDTV 24x7 with headings 1)Rajini clarifies 2) Rajini ready to apologize 3) Rajini defends himself

This is what Rajini spoke to the channel as an appeal to Karnataka people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apology? No chance.....

Dear Kannada people, some anti-social elements are twisting my speech in recent Hogenakkal fast and spreading message that i said to kick all Karnataka people.

It is not like that. I said to kick the anti-social elements who are spoiling the society and who are a big blocks for the peace and harmony between the two states. I said "Udhaikkanum" only to those who are burning buses and vandalizing public properties and theatres.....

Some Kannada outfits demand my apology. If i did anything wrong, i am ready to apologise. But when i am not guilty why should i? Moreover, who are these fellows to ask me to apologise? Are they the representatives of 5 crores Kannada people?

If Parvathamma Rajkumar, Ambarish or Girish Karnad feels that i done a mistake and tell me that, i am ready to apologize.

I request Kannada people not to believe any propaganda which says that i said to beat all Kannada people. I didn't mean that. And i also request you to put a big full stop to this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sundar