Friday, May 23, 2008

Yes, I sought Rajini’s call sheet to clear my financial problems – K Balachander

The following article is from a weekly which I have stopped buying. One of my buddies, called me this morning and told me that there’s K Balachander’s interview in that magazine and in the interview he has revealed some heartening stuff regarding thalaivar's nod for Kuselan. I told him that I am no more the reader of that crap and it would be better if he narrates the parts only related to our thalaivar and that is enough.

He narrated me and i couldn't resist myself in presenting it to you. As I told you a few weeks back, sometimes we find precious things in dustbin too. Treat this like that. I have might have missed a few things. Kindly excuse me.

- Sundar

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K Balachander says in the interview…

Kuselan is proceeding much better than we expected. P Vasu has amended the script and it has shaped out more beautiful than original. P Vasu called me to play the role of a director in the movie. But I declined it since Rajini and others would feel uncomfortable if I was present at the spot. The natural course of the shooting would get disrupted. So i turned down that offer.

Reason for Rajini’s name and fame

If you ask what’s the reason for Rajini’s such tremendous name and fame, I would say it is purely because of him. He is very sincere to his profession and he makes sure that everything goes right in his films. Moreover, his piousness and spirituality stood as pillars for him during difficult times and maintained the balance within him. His consort Latha too was one of the reasons for his success. Why am telling this because, when Rajini was in troubled times, it was she who gave a moral support to him.

He never disagrees with me in any issues

I always keep a distance with him. I never pressurize him in anything except cinema. He has lots of respect with me and I should maintain that. The moment you spell my name to him, you can spot an instant reaction from him. When I say him something, he readily accepts it and never disagrees to it. But later he used to tell my daughter that he wishes to change something which I said. (Superstar never speaks anything against his mentor’s words before him)

No idea to unite Rajini and Kamal

I have no idea to unite Rajini and Kamal for a movie. That is impossible. If they jointly agree and come to me, I shall think about it. Even then, I won’t direct it. I would look for a director who is internationally acclaimed.

Rajini’s call sheet is the only solution to my financial problems

They say that I requested Rajini to do a film (Kuselan) for me to erase my problems. Yes. That’s true. Show me someone who don’t have problems? Even Kamal had lots of problem. Didn’t he face them? Cinema means always problem. I faced problems because of some mistakes and loss generated by some flop movies in recent past. I thought the only solution would be Rajini’s call sheet to Kavithalaya. Rajini too aware of my problems. Since he had not done any film for Kavithalaya after Muthu (1995) I asked him to do a film for me. So, he announced Kuselan for me. For that I feel very happy.

Note: Superstar has bailed out so many producers from financial problems in past. But nobody has told so frankly like KB. First time, KB sir has openly said that he sought Rajini’s call sheet to clear his financial crunch. Really great KB sir!!