Monday, May 5, 2008

Mamta Mohandas reveals Kuselan secrets

'My role was created by Rajini sir'
5 May 2008, 0026 hrs IST,MADHU DAITHOTA


Actress Mamta, who considers herself lucky, says she came all the way from Dubai where she was shooting for another film when she got to know that she’d been cast in Kuselan.

After vanishing from Tamil cinema for a year-and-a-half, Mamta Mohandass is back with a bang. After her last film, Silappathigaram with Vishal, the actress will soon be seen on celluloid with superstar Rajinikanth. The film, Kuselan, is being directed by P Vasu and is a remake of the Malayalam flick Katha Parayumbol. "I'm aware that many biggies were considered for my role. I feel really lucky that I was chosen," says a thrilled Mamta. Kuselan is also being made in Telugu, titled Kuseludu, and the actress will be starring in it too. "My character has been specially created for the film because it isn't there in the original, Katha Parayumbol," says Mamta, "and it was Rajini sir's idea to create this role."

Kuselan is a film by the same title within the film. And Mamta plays a woman who's directing the film. "So I rope in huge stars, including Rajini sir, who's playing himself in Kuselan. Even though it's in reel life, it felt great to direct such a huge star! I even have a fast-paced song sequence with him. There are other big names who're also playing various actors and actresses in my film, including Kushbhoo, Sneha, Prabhu and Nayanthara," the actress informs us.

But the highlight of the film is a combination scene that Mamta shares with Rajinikanth and another superstar.

"This star plays a cameo and will come towards the end of the film. We'll have another big star playing the same role in the Telugu version," explains Mamta. And both versions will be shot simultaneously.

"And I have to add that when I got to know I'd been cast in Kuselan, I came all the way from Dubai where I was shooting for another film. We shot for five days and I rushed back to finish that film," laughs Mamta.

So while they finished a schedule in Hyderabad, the next will be in June in Alleppey to shoot the songs. "Then we're off to Pollachi to wind up the film in July," adds Mamta.

Up next is a film with Madhavan titled, Guru En Aal (Guru, my man). "It has been inspired by Yes Boss and I play Juhi's role while Maddy plays Shah Rukh Khan's character. I have high hopes for this film because of its cute storyline," she says.

Although the actress promises to do more Tamil films this year, she's also got other regional flicks on hand. There's Chinthakayala Ravi with Venkatesh, Homam starring Jagapathi Babu, Victory with Nitin and Musafir featuring Rahman.
So will Mamta reign supreme in Kollywood and Tollywood in 2008?

"I don't plan anything in my life and take things as they come. I like to keep moving on without pondering what wasn’t worked out," she says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/My_role_was_created_by_Rajini_sir_/articleshow/3009651.cms